Sunday, May 24, 2009

Close Your Eyes

I was just listening to James Taylor and he sang this song:

The Sun is sinking down
But the Moon is slowly rising
This old World must still be spinning 'round
And I still love you.

So, close your eyes,
You can close your eyes, it's alright.
Oh, I don't know no love songs,
and I can't sing the blues anymore...
Sure, but I can sing this song
Yes and, you can sing this song when I'm gone...

I was thinking of the times in any relationship when I could close my eyes and feel that everything was alright because I was loved.

There is so much judgment in relationships that there is always the fear of abandonment. Not just of physical leaving, but of the love leaving, the respect leaving, the kindness leaving, the caring leaving that every moment we need to keep our eyes open.

Think about this. Do you give those that are around you the feeling they can close their eyes?

No comments: